Friday, September 4, 2009

Love Triangle

A heart warming story shared by Ann

We made the gut wrenching decision last week to move my Dad into an Alzheimer's Care facility. It was definitely time. Knowing that makes it no easier. During our frequent visits since, his mood has swung between angry and ugly (his description). The transition has been difficult for all of us with my Dad the only one not losing sleep over it!


So armed with a gallon of chocolate milk, I braced myself for what was sure to be another very tough visit this afternoon. I found him deep into his long afternoon nap, his clothes removed from his closet and neatly piled on his bed. I later learned that he had announced to all early that morning that he was moving out today.


I gently woke him and a huge smile crept across his face as he saw me and reached up to give me a big hug. He had few complaints as we walked down the hall to the dining room to get a glass for his milk. He told me a little about his day, asked about both mine and his grandson and then proceeded to say "I walked all afternoon with a beautiful woman. I think I fell in love."




Only about 25% of what Dad says now comes out coherent and this he stated clear as a bell smiling all the while. "And there she is!", he shouted. At his request, I walked over to the woman he had identified and offered her a glass of his chocolate milk. She eagerly took it and then walked to a table at the other end of the dining room to sit and enjoy it. While my Dad was busy motioning to her to come and join our table, a gentleman rolled his chair up, introduced himself as Joseph and the three of us engaged in conversation.


After several minutes of this, my Dad began more urgent gesturing to Pat, as I learned was her name. Pat finally acquiesced, came over, shook my hand, leaned over to Joseph, kissed him tenderly and said "hello honey". She then turned and walked back to her table while both of her admirers longingly looked on...




Just as we were all so certain that the good stuff of my Dad's life was past, he goes and falls head over heals right into a love triangle! Ahhhh, to both live and to love yet another day...



I will finally sleep good tonight.




http://www.quantumendeavors.com http://wwwyourcorporatesuccess.com
Ann, Many Thanks for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment